Vegan Turmeric Dal
In the bid to get seriously healthy, and loose those dreaded love handles us rhubarb body shapes are prone to. I have taken to getting down and dirty in the kitchen rustling up loads of delicious dishes. I’m a sucker for planet organics version so this was one recipe I couldn’t wait to create. So with that in mind I thought about you guys. You all might like to get busy in the kitchen and make the easiest, tastiest and most healthy version of a bank holiday favourite.
Why bother ordering out when this is so easy to cook in your own kitchen. It takes less time to cook than picking up the phone, placing and order and getting it delivered. And its a lot healthier too. Our wok gets used in our kitchen most days as it's so versatile. You can cook omelettes, stews, soups and all sorts of dishes using this incredible wok.
Vegan Turmeric Dal Ingredients
- 4-5 scoops of lentils
- 1 tin od chic peas (washed & drained)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of coconut yogurt
- 2 Spring onions
- 1 white onion
- 2 heads of chicory leaves
- 1 tbs Cumin
- 1 tbs Turmeric
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 pint of water
- Extra curry powder if needed depending on how hot you like your dal.
Now all you need to do is…
- Chop up the onions and cook till soft
- Add in all the other ingredients apart from the coconut yogurt and simmer for around 20 mins…
- Slice up the chicory for a nice side salad.
- When the dish is cooked add in the coconut yogurt to add a creamy texture.
- Then serve on the table in the wok. The main is done! While the family is seated and digging in quickly create a dressing.
Now you want to make the best dressing known to mankind. This is my go to slimming dressing I created a while back while experimenting in the kitchen.
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 head of crushed garlic (optional)
Heath Tip. Mix all these up in a serving ramekin just before you eat. Leaving this to the last minute means the lemon will keep its vitamin C in tact. If you pre -slice lemons they loose their nutritional value by half when left on one side for longer than an hour. Bet you never knew that?
Now all you have to do is tuck in to this almighty, amazing and appetising meal for the entire family. They will love it, your love handles will love it and it will most certainly become a regular weekend dish you can create whenever you get those nasty takeaway carvings.