The Perfect Vegan Lentil Soup
We can’t believe we have never documented our Lentil Soup Recipe. Lentil soup has to be the best thing since sliced white bread and vegan cheese!
This is really healthy, really simple and tastes wonderful. If you are looking for simple meals to cook for one just reduce the ingredients. This recipe will feed about 4 adults with some left over for the next day. It can also be frozen and reheated very quickly. Perfect for students looking for meals on a budget, or for a very quick supper when the larder is low!! Very easy to do, a one pot magic and all it takes is about 20 minutes of chopping and cooking. Add lashings of pepper and a hint of rosemary and you will be in heaven.
The Perfect Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 3 large carrots chopped into small chunks
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 onion chopped up
- 3 celery stalks sliced thinly
- 3 spring onions sliced up
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper
- 3 sprigs of rosemary finely chopped up
- 2 pints of water
- Chop up the onions and lightly fry with the peeled and crushed garlic.
- Then add all the other ingredients and bring to the boil for about 15-18 minutes. Or until the carrots are cooked though.
- Using a hand blender thin out the soup. Make sure most of the large lumps of carrot are blended and simply serve with crusty bread and garnish with a little rosemary
So easy, virtually fat free! Healthy, hearty and incredibly moorish!