Vegan 3 Bean Chilli
Winter is knocking on the door and I for one love it! Candles, cozy throws, chunky jumpers and heartwarming food are all things that make me really happy! Today I have a very delicious vegan 3 bean chilli dish for you that's so easy to create.
We are away at the moment and have a delightful dodgy babysitter staying at our apartment and she wanted me to help her get healthy and try a few vegan recipes. Music to my ears as I get to photoshoot food! Food photography is one of my all time favourite things to do! So here we have my vegan 3 bean chilli for all of you to try too!
It's possibly the easiest dish to create and I've left all the ingredients in my cupboard for jasmine to recreate this sumptuous meal! It makes enough for a couple of days but if you make it with rice cook the rice fresh each day. Don't reheat old rice as it's really not a good idea, terrible for grumbly tummies and it's the easiest way to get food poisoning! Big tip there Jasmine! The ingredients I left for jasmine are as follows
- One tin of Haricot beans
- One tin of kidney beans
- One tin of cannelloni beans
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon of puree
- 1 red chilli (if using) finely chopped or 1/2-1tsp dried chilli flakes...or if your really lazy 1 tablespoon of chilli paste.
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- 3 large scoops of red lentils.
- 2 tablespoons of good old tomato ketchup to add a little sweetness. if you want to be good add
- 1 measure of water. Basically fill one of the empty bean cans!
- Put all the ingredients into the pan. It's that easy.....no frying, no messing! Just throw it all in and stir.
- Top up with water added to one of the cans and pour into the saucepan
- Simmer till cooked. About 30 min.
- Stir occasionally so the lentils dont burn!
- Serve with fries, chunky chips or a salad, garnish with salt & pepper and devour.
I hope you love this dish as much as we do. We have this almost every week as a cozy, relaxing and hearty meal. Now it's getting chilly outside it's time to really embrace the one pot chilli dishes! You can even eat this with a pile of crusty bread if your not a fan of chips or salad!