How To Develop Your Style
One thing I'm always asked is how do I put outfits together so easily. How to develop your style is one aspect of my job I love to share. When I'm styling a client for a photoshoot it's the essential core element of the shoot, along with the nails and makeup naturally. It's really simple and their's a formula that you can use every season no matter what the shops have on offer.
How To Develop Your Style Tips
- First thing is to look out for obvious trends with colours, textures, styles and patterns. Pick the ones you like and start to feed them into your current wardrobe.
- The changing seasons will always have new and exciting colour elements. So try to add them to the mix. Pink is key this season. So if in any doubt add the shade with your nails or accessories.
- Textures can play a huge part of upping the ante when it comes to accessories. Embroidery is huge for the summer along with embellishments.
- Styles such as cold shoulder, ruffles and stripes are a big hit.
- Patterns are always florals and stripes for the summer months! But see if you can add them with shoes or bags and change it up a little you will up your styling game
- Now when it comes to styling don't go for the obvious matching bag and shoes. It's so very 80s and not hip at all! Think about contrasting shades, textures or patterns. Make sure you add a pop of colour of your wearing neutrals. Even a cute scarf tired around your bag will lift a very simple outfit. Neutrals are not colours in the fashion world. They are basic staple shades of black, white, cream, tan, grey, navy and brown. Then add a mixture of 2 tones that your seeing in stores along with some texture.
So there you have it. A little lesson in how to develop your style!