How To Style The Maxi Skirt For 2017
The maxi Skirt never really goes out of style in my book. They look so sophisticated on nearly every body shape, Hourglass, pears and rhubarbs all look totally divine wearing them. They elongate the lower half and give you a massive urge to twirl!
This outfit was chosen for an evening meal out in Spain with wonderful friends last weekend. I opted for this handsome River Island wet look, rose gold pleated maxi skirt and a simple one shoulder top from H&M.
By adding statement textured platinum heels from Topshop to this outfit it becomes more put together. I could have added a court shoe but with my liquid chrome gel toes this really became a game of reflections. Then I added the finishing touches....The makeup! You don't just stop at the nails ladies.
The rule of 3 isn't just for photography its also for beauty and personal styling. Adding different textures to outfits creates contrast. Always combine your nails and makeup girls! They are the full stop to any outfit!
Maxi Skirt Styling Rules
- Make sure the hem length cuts your leg off at the slimmest part.
- If you are conscious of tight waist bands then go up a size. I'm normally a size 8 but I purchased this maxi skirt in a size 10 to guarantee the pleats sat in a more flattering manner.
- Watch out for elasticated waistbands as they can add pounds to your waistline
- Make sure the fabric is high quality so it drapes beautifully.
- Were possible find waistbands with either a concealed side zip or a grown on waist band. Avoiding zips at the front will instantly slim you down.
- Then add contrasting or complimentry makeup to the mix to look totally perfect.