Finding Your Own Personal Style
As you all may know I'm a photographer and a beauty specialist, but what some of you might not know is that I'm also a personal stylist. I help many people find their own sense of style. Finding your own personal style can be tricky but the main thing to do, is to not follow all the trends, all at once. Its more about your personality and what you want to highlight.
I love to empower women with my photoshoots. One of the reasons I have a blog is to share my expertise. I also know how it feels to be in front of the camera and not just behind it. This helps me relate to you. How can you direct a pose if you don't have the experience!
Giving my clients a real confidence boost is what makes me tick. From a simple headshot to a full blown empowerment shoot. Along with all the added extras like manicure, set of gel nails, a new eyebrow shape that can completely change someones features and take years off their appearance, to a full days shopping for a totally new look and then a set of incredible images they can keep forevermore.
Reinventing yourself and rejuvenating self esteem is by far one of the most important things you can do for yourself for confidence.
Finding Your Own Style Tips
- Wear clothing that you feel comfortable and incredible in. If you know your going out for a special occasion its important to feel good from various angles.
- Keep your shapes as simple as possible. Don’t over think fashion and style. You have to be comfortable with it.
- Go through your wardrobe and select your most favourite items and make a list of why you love them. Is it the cut, the colour or, is it how they make you feel. Once you can pin point these reasons it will help you when you are shopping for new items season by season.
- Invest in the best underwear. Tight and ill-fitting garments just look terrible, especially if shot from behind. Purchase t-shirt bras and seam free pants. Nude is always best in my book.
- Make sure it fits. Don’t wear things that are too tight. I regularly purchase T-shirts in Larger sizes to create the slouchy look but worn with skinny jeans, heels and beautiful accessories it can transform and balance the look.
- Dress up outfits with sunglasses, bags, beautiful rings or a hat to add interest to a simple look.
- But limit the accessories. Chanel said pile it on but take off the last thing you added…Less is more. Apart from rings when wearing a casual outfit!
- Find a style you like and add your own elements. Pinterest is a great place to get inspiration.
- Always wear heels if you can as this will create confidence.
- Lastly Smile as you will look radiant and stunning.
My advice for finding your own style is that same to everyone. Be yourself and don't try to look, be or act like someone else. Let your own light shine through. Its ok to makes mistakes too!
Have a fabulous day girls!