How To Look Good In Pictures
Here is my top 10 tips on how to look amazing in pictures. How to create lovely images every time no matter what. It’s all about angles and lighting. Here I will share with you just a few things you should take into consideration when you know their will be happy snappers about. This will help you when you need a quick fire list to remind you.
In the world of Twitter and Instagram everyone is uploading millions of pictures every day. But do you really know how to make yours stand out?
I have been a photographer for many years and grew up in a house with a darkroom and studio. I love to empower others by creating amazing images for my clients.
My desire to write for you guys comes from a need to help and create a little space to share my beauty advice, photography tips or just a little style inspiration. Its also a little photography outlet for myself and my husband. We don't go anywhere without a camera of some sort.
Even if we are nipping out for a stroll with the dogs I make a point of having my iPhone with me! You never know what delights are to be shot. But it's equally wonderful to plan a shoot like this we arranged and shot in Paris in the Luxembourg gardens for Lush Hair.
As all the articles or reviews we write need immaculate pictures for the brands we work with on a daily basis. What better way is there to get creative? Set up little shoots for each and every one, thats what! Here are some of my top tips for looking good yourself!
How To Look Good In Pictures Tips
- Wear clothing that you feel comfortable and incredible in. If you know your going out and their will be tons of pictures taken throughout the day or night its important to feel good from various angles.
- If you hate your upper arms then wear a dress that hides the tops of the them. You will instantly feel more confident. Or nip out and purchase MAC Face & Body. Its perfect for creating luminous skin. Most makeup artists I know use this for runway shows, magazine shoots and editorials. I own tons of different shades for all year round photo perfection. Its my best buddy if my arms are looking a little blotchy or pasty. Our secret ok!
- Invest in the best underwear. Tight and ill-fitting garments just look terrible, especially if shot from behind. Purchase t-shirt bras and seam free pants. Nude is always best in my book. Yes I do own rather a lot of Bridget style pants and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
- Cloudy days are actually perfect for portrait photography as the sky will have a natural light diffuser. No terrible squinting will be going on! Brides don’t worry if your day is overcast…Its the perfect scenario for your wedding album.
- Always turn to your side as this will create a softer prettier look for us girlies. If you need to lift an arm and place it on a hip do so. Men look better shot straight on. This creates a more masculine silhouette.
- Use sunglasses, bags or a hat if you don’t know what to do with your hands.
- Practice posing in front of the mirror. It sounds narcissistic but it will help you the more that you do it.
- Always wear heels if you can as this will create confidence.
- If you are having your picture taken from the front tuck your arms into your sides as this will create a longer leaner frame.
- Lastly smile, even if your not looking at the camera, you might look a little crazy but when the images come through you will look radiant and stunning. Even if are smiling on the inside. If you cant do this then look in the mirror and elevate your ears and the corner of your brows...Your will look so happy and vibrant even if you are looking subdued and relaxed!
Wearing Lush Hair Extensions for added confidence! Every girl needs a set of their most beautiful Ultimate clip in extensions for a touch of glamour!