How To Style The Statment Boot
These delicious mustard yellow boots are anything but plain, a little different, but they will give any outfit a real punch? But how to style the statement boot?
These boots are such a style statement in themselves for any wardrobe, but if you are finding it hard to travel from winter into spring these will see you on the right path. They will brighten things up no end. They can be worn with anything during the summer. Think skinny jeans, maxi skirts, shorts, long wide leg trousers and long flowing dresses. You name it they will work for every body shape. You just have to go for it. None of this "Oh I'd love to wear things like that" just do it!! Get out of your comfort zone and take a leap of faith.
How To Style The Statement Boot
- I have styled these for my rhubarb figure with (as always) to show off my slim legs in skinny jeans,.
- A bomber jacket will add some much needed curves.
- A contrasting chunky scarf to add texture and balance.
- When you are a rhubarb or any shape for that matter opt to show off your best assets.
- Keeping the base colours grey it elongates the body and accentuates the yellow tones in the scarf and boots perfectly.
- Add a long line jacket or waistcoat and leave the buttons undone. This will draw the eye downwards to create a slimmer, longer and leaner figure.
- Add a long necklace to the mix as this will do the same.
- Avoid anything that accentuates the mid section.
- Show off your slim legs and arms.
- Keep colours neutral. All black and let the boots d the talking.
- For pears you really need to show off that tiny waist and top half. wear a fitted top or cute stripe t-shirt and add a neck scarf for interest. See if you can find one with touches of yellow tones.
- Wear wide leg trousers or a maxi skirt to hide a little larger bottom. This will also draw the eye to the waist and create beautiful curves.
- Make sure the hem of your outfit is longer than the top of the boots. This way it won't cut you off at the ankle.
- As a Pear you might tend to have a slightly thicker ankle. So its always a good idea to wear a pointed toe without a tight T bar. These boots dip down at the front so they are perfect if you do want to revel a little ankle.
- If you want to wear a jacket make sure it sits snug into the waist. Keep that lovely slim top half on show girls.
- You are the curvy ones! You can really have fun with full skirts, peplum tops and body con dresses. So wear these boots with a tight dress and really show off your frame.
- Add a waist belt to pull the eye to your middle.
- Avoid roll necks with a full skirt if you have a larger bust. Opt for a V neck or add a dainty necklace that falls into a v.
- Wear these boots with a pair of bootcut jeans and a fitted single breasted blazer and a statement belt in a contrasting blue shade to add a touch of style and shape.
- Avoid a boxy jacket as this will overpower the lines and visually bulk you up.
Watch the styling video above!
These delightful boots are from Abbott Lyon. They are beautifully made, feel like real suede and look incredibly expensive. One little bit of advice is that they come up rather large, so if you fancy picking up a pair go that little bit smaller. One size down should do the trick.