Top 10 Nail Hacks
Here are my top 10 nail hacks. These will save you time or help you get a really professional finish to any look. If you are interested in anything to do with nails or beauty just comment and I will be on hand to answer. Professionally or just if you need some advice. I’m here to help all of you…I have 19 years worth of beauty knowledge just waiting to share!
Top 10 Nail Hacks
- Oil the skin around old dark polish to stop it bleeding into the side walls and staining the skin.
- Press and hold polish remover onto each nail for 10 seconds before removing.
- Oil nails twice a day as they are really only made of dead skin and will absorb good nail oil. It will gradually penetrate into the nail (even through professional products and polish, well good stuff anyway)
- Nails are made of dead keratin and don’t breath or have lungs. They are better off covered up and really protected all year round. So always wear at least topcoat.
- There are more germs on a nail plate than you could possibly imagine so keep up with regular manicures.
- Nails should never be buffed as they are only made of around 100 layers of dead cells. When you see redness that’s damage!
- When painting your own nails, wash them, dry them and don’t touch the surface before the base coat is applied. This will transfer natural oils onto the clean nail. This will cause the polish to chip more quickly!
- Never ever cut the cuticle as all it will do is protect itself and grow back thicker and more ugly.
- Don’t clean out dirt from under the nail with a metal or shape tool. Use a baby toothbrush as this will keep the natural seal from being damaged.
- Always leave a very small margin around the nail when painting. Any natural oils from the skin can cause chipping along with over exposure to products.