Vegan Turmeric Milk
Embracing the nasty weather I have been keeping myself fit and healthy lately by eating a vegetable and whole foods diet. Not to say that I usually eat unhealthily. I don’t and I do believe that what we eat shows on your face in later life. Eating the right kind of fats and adopting a plant based diet is one of the biggest things I have done recently.
If you need a nice warming pick me up before heading to bed you need to try turmeric milk. I came across this delicious drink recently.. Turmeric is said to be the queen of all spices. Turmeric is high in essential antioxidants, anti inflammatory compounds, manganese and iron. If you add a dash of pepper it helps all the above get absorbed more effectively!
Turmeric was, as I’ve discovered while researching its potential used in Ayurvedic practices and medicine in Indian cultures. Also called the “healing spice” its used to heal sore throats, colds, flus, stomach aches and to help with wounds. Its also antibacterial and more commonly used in curries as you will already know.
Next time your feeling like you are coming down with the flu just grab a few essentials and make a cup of this almighty hug in a cup. You will be pleasantly surprised at how good it really is.
Vegan Turmeric Milk Ingredients
- One cup of almond, cashew, oat or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic coconut oil (optional) but the health benefits are incredible.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or a small stick
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 – 2 cloves (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into a pan and whisk
- Heat till hot (not boiling) and simmer for 1 minute
- Reduce heat, either simmer for 5 mins or up to 20 for a richer more intense drink.
- Strain the milk if you have added the cloves or a cinnamon stick
make sure you try this soon and let me know if you already have discovered how utterly wonderful this drink is!