Easy Vegan Stir Fry
When I'm working from home I love to throw together a tasty, healthy and nutritious lunch. That to me means a big bowl of organic veggies, a good helping of my go to Chinese sauce that doubles up as a salad dressing and a helping of rice noodles or quinoa. To make this impressive easy vegan stir fry meal it takes less than 25 minutes. So easy and it works so well for evening meals and impromptu dinner parties. All you need are a few vegetables and some store cupboard essentials and your trusty wok.
We use our wok on a daily basis in our house. Its one of the most under rated items in your kitchen. You can create endless meals in a wok, but my favourite is my lunchtime easy vegan stir fry.
I was inspired to write this today as we recently got sent an amazing book called I Love My Wok (it's not vegan but most of the recipe's can be adapted for any diet) and also one of my most cherished friends Anna has been inspired to go vegan after hearing of my new found lease of life. So I thought I'd better help and come up with a few amazing alternative recipe's that you all can try at home too!
Easy Vegan Stir Fry Ingredients
- Veggies of your choice, preferably organic
- 2 spring onions
- Easy cook rice noodles
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbs Cider vinegar
- 3 tbs Soy sauce
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- Topping of almonds, cashew nuts & chia seeds. A small handful!
Easy Vegan Stir Fry Method
- Pot the rice noodles onto a pan of hot water and start to boil
- Chop up the onion and all the veggies into slim slices
- Dry fry the onion for 1 min
- Toss in all the rest of the veggies and cook for a few minutes
- Then add all of the sauce ingredients at once
- Add in the cooked and drained rice noodles
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Serve and add the topping
Then enjoy your really healthy lunch cooked in a flash! Who said being vegan was boring! It's so easy, its healthy and its delicious! Try the sauce added to a crisp salad, its simply the best and easiest dressing to make when your wanting something home made that surpasses anything shop bought.