How To Style Vintage Accessories
If you have been following me for a while you will know I love to pick up one off items that have been previously loved decades ago. I think it's got a lot to do with my love of past times and finding secret little treasures. I'm obsessed with searching on eBay for really incredible, stylish, and quirky items that have more style heritage than their modern day copies. When it comes to how to style vintage accessories there is only one way to go...keep it simple. Pick a contrasting colour palette and let the item do the talking.
This fun wicker bag caught my eye in an instant. Everything about it screamed Dolce & Gabbana with its embroidered palm trees. But in a more miniature subtle way. Admittedly it holds just a lipstick, a phone and a few notes. But when you find something this adorable nessessities go right out of the window!
I chose a pink theme due to the khaki coloured happy palms. Pink and khaki are a match made in heaven. So it made sense to grab an all pink casual number for this trip into town. Worn with simple easy waves in my hair it was the perfect outfit for wandering about window shopping.
How To Style Vintage Accessories Guide
- Keep it very simple if the item is fairly extravagant. Even if it's in miniature!
- Keep a close eye on trends that are very current within designer ranges and the search for items on eBay.
- Look for items you know that will fit in with your current wardrobe.
- If you fall in love with something vintage buy it. There is a reason you are drawn to it.
- If in any doubt about styling a statment item always lay out the outfit on the bed to see how it looks before trying it on. If you love the look when its arranged in a flat lay the chances are you will love it when its worn.
- If the item is really quirky and you feel a little self conscious or doubtful about your purchase always wear your most favourite jeans and heels. Before I wore this bag for the first time (on this shoot) I was hesitant and needed to be reassured by a classic ensemble. So all I did was to pop on my everyday jeans and shirt. And then rocked it as if it was right out of Vogue!
I'm wearing Oasis jeans, H&M heels & cotton shirt, RayBan sunglasses, Topshop belt, Hermes bangle, Gucci Love bangle & Vintage necklace.