How To Wear Kimonos
I feel getting dressed each day should make you feel happy. It helps with your overall mood. One special item can really change your entire day! One item most of you might sway away from is the kimono. It's a wardrobe must have this season, but If your asking yourself how to wear kimonos I'm here to help.
As you may already know I've had a clear out in my wardrobe and I'm swaying towards classic jeans and jackets. Today's outfit is a variation on my theme. I love to dress in a very classic way with an occasional twist. The kimono is that very twist that works so well.
I fell in love with this kimono as soon as I saw it and new I had to have it. I'm obsessed with them at the moment and this one is a firm favourite. I'm planing on picking up some vintage ones if I can hunt them down! Go and be daring and pick one up! They look so stylish worn with really simple outfits. Even a t-shirt, jeans and trainers would work with this little Zara number.
How To Wear Kimonos
- The key to styling the kimono is to keep the rest of the outfit as low key as possible
- Have in your mindset that they are just maxi coats, long line blazers or a delicious long flowing shirt
- You can style then with any footwear you like, and of course I chose heels, naturally!
- Make sure the rest of the outfit blends in with the colour and pattern. Or pick out one shade that's incorporated within the Kimono and play along those lines. Here I have pulled the blues together with the jeans, and the black with the trims. I could have gone with white jeans and yellow heels to bring out the little birds. It was a changeable day here in the uk and anyone that knows me, knows I simply cant do white for a long period of time!!! I'd have makeup all over the jeans before you could say 'Fancy a coffee'!!
- Add a pop of colour to your nails and makeup if you go for a neutral shade. By adding a vibrant or contrasting colour to your nails will look like the outfit is flawless and classic.
Let me know what you think! Is it a look you'd adopt or not? I have ordered a few more beauties from Zara that will be making an apperance on the blog very soon!
I'm wearing Zara Kimono, Oasis jeans, H&M camisole & heels, Mulberry Effie bag, RayBan Jackie O sunglasses and my usual Gucci Love bangle.