The Style Bible - A Positive Guide To Feeling Vibrant
We all can have our little magical moments for free when you have a positive mindset. Today I have a positive guide to feeling vibrant. The days are getting shorter, cooler and golden hour is that little bit earlier. It's time to get out the poetry books and embrace nature. I feel blessed and eternally happy when I'm at one with nature. Everyday is special, but golden hour is the best. This beautiful time of day is my all time favourite. Taking a walk in autumnal leaves can make anyone happy.
I call it my daydream hour because as a child I wanted to be from anther realm or era. My passion for fairytales has never left me. Amber walks and floaty frocks take me back to my childhood, so I absorb these feelings and let my style evolve around them. It’s a seasonal lust for me to embrace pretty things. My style changes with the seasons and I have set myself a challenge to wear all my stunning outfits this coming autumn and not hide them away in the wardrobe. The only updates I need are some fresh new nails to update any look.
Fashion houses are really going for it with nails this autumn and the styles I really love and can’t get enough of are all cooler tones, freehand art and simple but perfectly polished looks. I’m really loving customising nail colours when worn with floaty skirts and dresses. The new season brings exciting new options for accessorising any outfit with your nails.
Part of my seasonal autumn regime is to clear out the clutter mentally and physically. So I start with my accessories and have a revamp of all my old and tired looking nail polishes or gels. It’s something I feel we all need to do in every area of our lives not just our closets. Decluttering has such a cathartic effect on every aspect of our environment. Don't stop at your wardrobe declutter you life!
But rather than get all drastic and suggest that you throw away too much too soon I’m suggesting that we start with adding a few additional looks before the final cuts are made.
There is something about a stunning delicate manicure teamed with a fantastic outfit that can't be beaten. Never overlook your nails ladies as they really do add the finishing touches to an outfit. Pardon the pun but they really do polish off any style.
I’m really into longer more shapely nails right now. I think we all have moved on from the old-fashioned rule of not wearing them neat and short these days. A nice longer nail really does help make the hands look younger and a little softer too! But the evolution of style means practically anything goes.
I'm waiting for the opportunity to create and wear an array of new colours I have had come in with all manner of looks. From floral autumnal designs to more rock chic leopard or animal print nail art. I love to adapt my nails going into winter. That said I do sway towards a more feminine softer shades during the cooler months. It's not groundbreaking but it works for me every single year.
Floral nails for autumn and winter? Yes ladies floras for autumn is a new trend... Groundbreaking said Miranda Priestly! I do love The Devil wears Prada.....all time favourite scene is...
"This...Stuff"? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select, I don't know that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you are trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, its not turquoise. It's not lapis. Its actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then i think it was Yves Saint Laurent - wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and its sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact you're wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff! Bloody amazing!
Now fashion and nails are just stuff but it's also fun and can take you away to a different land and it's been proven that getting your nails done is good for your mental health! And my happy positive place is being outside by a river with a good book and a freshly done set of nail extensions. Yes it's a little sad but thats just me. You cant put a price on that STUFF!
A Positive Guide To Feeling Vibrant
- Grab your cozy rug and a find a quiet stream and just be. Feeling happy and content really is free.
- Embrace the cooler shorter days and take your cuppa tea and poetry books outside. Simple things like this make my heart sing a little. Even if this weather keeps changing from day to day it’s going to get colder suddenly without notice. Get those picnic hampers out, give them get a dusting and let autumn begin within your mindset. Once your ready you will notice a huge shift in your attitude and wellbeing.
- Get the healthy, quick and delicious nourishing food ready for those last minute gatherings or for those little evenings when you just want to soak up the suns rays on your own.
- If you don’t have a beautiful picnic hamper then just improvise. Take your most glorious glasses and plates into the garden or local park and lay down a simple rug. Taking in beauty needs nothing but a feeling of gratitude and thankfulness.
- My list of essentials for a dreamy autumnal evening comprises of fresh salads, bundles of warm tomatoes, sweet juicy strawberries and sparkling water infused with freshly grated ginger. All served on beautiful vintage plates and glasses.
- When it comes to feeling good a pretty outfit can work wonders. Ditch those old jeans in favour of a pretty outfit. Just do it and see how it can make you smile. Don’t feel silly for getting dressed up and spending an evening on the lawn reading a classic book. Go back in time and feel at one with the writer.
- Winter is just around the corner and it’s time to think about accessories not just buying those autumn coats girls. Add a few pretty little updates to help you feel really positive even if the sunshine doesn’t last longer than a few days. Get those nails done girls as they really do pick up your mood. Think about your wardrobe and choose a shade that will work with all kinds of outfits and it won’t cost the earth looking neat and finished. An outfit isn’t ever finished without the right nails my book! It’s time to get excited about wearing new colours, soft floaty autumn designs.
My outfit of the day. Sass & Edge shirt, H&M maxi skirt & mules & Boho Betty bag & jewellery. Along with my nails in the shade Posh.