We want you to enjoy yourself whilst visiting this site and reading the blog contents. One of the ways we feel that your experience can be improved is by expressing your thoughts and joining in meaningful conversation with other. To assist with this, we have enabled comments on all of the blog posts using Disqus.
In order to make sure this is an enjoyable experience for everyone we have put together the following guidelines to outline what is expected of anyone that wants to comment on a post or another visitor’s comment.
Our core rule is simple: Don’t be a jerk. If you are abusive, offensive or consistently ignore these guidelines we reserve the right to not only remove your comments, but to ban you from making any more comments.
Here are some things that we like to see in comments:
- Add something new, informative or thoughtful that contributes further to the topic of the page
- Try to be positive about things. If you can’t think of anything positive at least try to provide useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, experience and humour that we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. If there is something you disagree with, don’t get in to a debate, but down vote or flag so that they can be investigated and removed.
We can not guarantee being everywhere at all times, so it sometimes takes us a while to review all the comments, but here are some of the items we aim to reduce:
- Promoting your own brand, product or blog (unless you have checked with us first and received written approval). If you do have something to promote please contact us directly
- Impersonating someone else (especially an author or contributor to this site)
- Comments that make it clear you did not actually read the post. We have no problem with conversations going off on a tangent, but hijacking the conversation for a totally separate topic is not allowed
- Threats, no matter how vague, against anyone from this site or another commenter (or anyone else in general)
- Racism, sexism, homophobic comments, or comments against any specific group
- Anything that is illegal or immoral
- Trolling. If you are just out to have a go at someone then this is not the place for you
- Don’t copy and paste other people’s work and pass it off as your own. Be honest about what you are writing. If you are not sure, please ask a question and someone may be able to assist
REPORT AN INCIDENT
If you're reporting anything unsavoury your confidentiality will of course be respected. Please do report incidents even if you're not directly involved and you will never be named for spotting the troublemaker.
Send us a link, preferably with a screenshot, to firstname.lastname@example.org